Reply To: Project JFK Ride aka #JFKRide

Home Forums Suicide Slabs Build Pages Project JFK Ride aka #JFKRide Reply To: Project JFK Ride aka #JFKRide

#863

Jason Ballard
Participant

Older updates from The Lincoln Forum.. i’m just pasting them here for updates…

This past Sunday my Pops and I dropped the motor in the car. 1) I had to move it as we moved a carport and it couldn’t stay where I had it 2) I wanted to be able to cut the wires to the correct length for the starter etc. Really no reason for it not to be sitting in the car at the point.

 

Lastest progress:

-More parts finished from powdercoat thus I could begin putting more back together

-More parts back from sandblasting that I planned to paint to seal them up nicely (hood tensioner setup, etc.)

-AccuAir wiring including the ViAir compressors

-Strut rods installed including the new bushings – at first thought the passenger side was going to be a beast to mount but ended up fine. I had to install the 2 bolts on the RideTech control arms and then get the front bracket aligned

-Motor dropped in

 

Blasted and painted:

 

Shout out to the Suicide Slabs crew

 

My buddy didn’t have the right media to blast these nasty brackets. I’ll prob get another guy I know to blast and coat them

 

Although this isn’t the final spot where these wiring items will go for the compressors etc. it made it easy for me to work on here – used a couple of battery lugs, solder, wiring from Ron Francis Wiring, heat shrink, etc. Solid / clean connections

 

Strut rods. I put the flat surface in the vice to get the nut started – I had to purchase that wrench when I took these bad boys off because I didn’t have an open ended wrench large enough!

 

Transporting the motor a few miles to my house to drop in the car. We moved a car port a few hours before taking this photo. I’m putting up a 40×24 shop. This will allow me to do so much more and help finish this car up!

 

Once to my house, we backed the trailer up right near the front of the car…. cherry picked it out.. while lifted off the trailer I put the clips back in for the oil pan bolts (had then sand blasted) and then swung it around to drop err in. Couldn’t have went any easier.

 

Other updates:

Decided to retain the 67 dash vs dropping in the 65 dash I purchased. Why you ask, will be easier and allow me to focus on other things I need to work on. I also picked up some BAD ASS Digital Dakota gauges. They are going to be awesome once installed. It is one of their VHX kits and should be really sick once installed. Plus it will be super easy to adapt to the Ron Francis Wiring in the car.

Much more to come!