64 Suicide Slab "Degenerate Lifestyle" Build

Home Forums Suicide Slabs Build Pages 64 Suicide Slab "Degenerate Lifestyle" Build

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Wes
    Keymaster

So I guess I’ll kick this off with my ride. The car is a 64 I snatched out of a field in west Texas shortly before it was going to be built to be used in demolition derby events. So in essence I rescued it. But if you are a purist you are not going to like this news. She wasn’t rescued to be factory restored. She is going down. She will be low, with big rollers, Dark colors, body mods, and an interior that is one of a kind. She’ll have enough power under the hood to rotate the earth.. Everything a purist wouldn’t want.. But everything you would expect from a Suicide Slab with a name like “Degenerate Lifestyle”..

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Instagram @wesakin
    SuicideSlabs4Life

Jeremy
    Keymaster

Looking forward to seeing your updates!

Resistance is Futile.

Wes
    Keymaster

After waiting to get some other projects out of the way I finally got a chance to get the car in my shop to begin deconstruction. Even with the motor and transmission out of the car and the car on when dollies, this thing is a beast to move around the shop by yourself. We have begun removing all the interior and I recruited the help of my skilled labor crew to help with deconstruction and removal of the inside insulation. They are a huge help and work cheap. I still have to get some stuff pulled including the dash and stuff off the firewall, after that the suspension will come out and all the trim come off and then it should be off to media blasting.. Hopefully i’ll have more pics and updates coming soon. Been on the road for work lately but should be able to get some work in on her this weekend. Hope you all enjoy my Degenerate Lifestyle.

Attachments:

Instagram @wesakin
    SuicideSlabs4Life

Jason Ballard
    Participant

Looking great. Awesome save. Should be badass.

Wes
    Keymaster

I hope so I have some big time plans for it and have some great talent around me to lend a hand. I’ll keep some of it under wraps for now but I’ll let more details out in the near future.

Instagram @wesakin
    SuicideSlabs4Life

Howie
    Participant

Can’t wait to see more

Wes
    Keymaster

Unfortunately.. I didn’t get to accomplish anything this weekend on the 64.. and now i’m out of town on business till Friday.. Hopefully I can get some stuff done this coming weekend.

Instagram @wesakin
    SuicideSlabs4Life

Jeremy
    Keymaster

Any more progress or are things on hold till after the holidays?

Resistance is Futile.

Wes
    Keymaster

Still on hold for the moment.. Need to finish stripping the dash out. Clearing off the firewall and then the body chrome.. Hopefully by then my lift will be installed and I can get it up in the air and onto the chassis cart.then the suspension can come off and then it’s off to media blasting.

Instagram @wesakin
    SuicideSlabs4Life

Wes
    Keymaster

I got to do some work today finally. I finished removing the dash. Got all the A/C stuff pulled out as well. Removed about 90% of the old wiring as I’m putting all new wiring in the car. Most of the vacuum lines are removed as well. I got almost all the chrome trim removed from the interior as wel as the rear deck lid. Also removed the old battery box and the cruise control module.. I hope to get some more done tomorrow. Once I get the lift ordered for the shop and get it installed I’ll start pulling the suspension out. Then off to media blasting. Here are a couple pics from today and a sneak peek shot of a little something I have planned for her. Stay tuned..

Attachments:

Instagram @wesakin
    SuicideSlabs4Life

Wes
    Keymaster

Haven’t had much time to work on the car lately due to family stuff. On the good side I got the race car sold and cash in hand so we are going to get wild soon. I also ordered my bendpak 10klb two post lift yesterday for the shop and it will be here the end of next week. So no more working on my back. Also looking at a new gig welder to help with this little project and the next one I’m already scheming on.. Yeah my mind never quits. But real soon we should see some more progress.

Instagram @wesakin
    SuicideSlabs4Life

Ross Goetz
    Participant

I just picked up a 64 as well.

A lift would make working on the beast so much nicer, as is true with any car.

Seems like you have a solid plan in mind, and I’m tuned in.

Wes
    Keymaster

Well The lift arrived today. Hope to have it up sometime this weekend with any luck. then with any luck we can get a good luck at the underside of the 64.

Attachments:

Instagram @wesakin
    SuicideSlabs4Life

Wes
    Keymaster

Lift was installed this morning.. It fit great in the shop and is going to give me a lot of extra room and keep me from having to work on my back on the concrete.. Unlike my last build I won’t have to be constantly getting up and down and crawling out from under the car. I can’t wait to get started ..

Attachments:

Instagram @wesakin
    SuicideSlabs4Life

Jeremy
    Keymaster

Nice lift!

Resistance is Futile.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.